Fast Patrol Boats
Sauer Compressors offers its renowned, Highly-Robust WP3232 Compressors for FPBs (fast patrol boats) or FACs (fast attack craft) such as the Turkish Kilic class, the world-famous Lürssen FPBs like the UAE Navy’s FPB44 or CMN’s popular La Combattante class which has been used by many different navies.
Particularly compact and lightweight, yet extremely robust, Sauer’s WP3232 high-pressure air compressor is a key feature in many vessels of this type.
With our in-depth knowledge, vast experience and renowned international customers whose fleets invariably make use of our systems, Sauer’s WP3232 is the world leader in compressors compatible for fast patrol boats and attack crafts.
Sauer compressors for fast patrol boats
- 3-stage, air-cooled high-pressure unit (type WP3232) with up to 230 bar and 15 m3/h
- Reducing stations, shockproof air receivers and air dryers
- Breathing-air compressors and equipment
- Small, fast ships require extremely compact, high-performance air compressors. Given the space and weight constraints, a Centralised Air System is used on the majority of vessels . In terms of reliability, logistics and maintenance costs, this offers remarkable benefits, throughout the system’s operating life.
- The renowned WP3232 model has been in service for more than 50 years, now and is the world’s bestselling high-pressure naval compressor. Its precursor, one of the world’s first ever lightweight compressors, is on display, at the German Technical Museum in Munich.
- Apart from this, constant upgrades of the WP3232 contribute to its unique status that is a combination of the modern and state-of-the-art technology, while maintaining its legendary robustness and basic features.
- A particular advantage of this model is the fact that it can be operated in small engine rooms, where ambient temperatures can exceed 60Â°C. For example: Such temperatures are frequently encountered in vessels operating in the Gulf Region.
- Highest levels of support that are primarily required by the naval fleets are ensured through full logistical back-up and complete NATO Codification.