ONE OF THE FIRST SAUER industrial compressors was used to extinguish electrical arcs in electrical substations. Since this sale back in 1956, we have made constant efforts not only to expand and develop our expertise but also to invest it in the compressors themselves. As a result, Sauer is now one of the best-known suppliers for electrical substations – an application requiring safe and reliable operation, taking into account the extreme conditions, encountered. Sauer offers reliable solutions for renewable energies too, for example: the distribution of bio-methane in order to generate electricity.
With its gas tight compressors built according to individual customer specifications, Sauer is one of the forerunners within this sector. Sauer strives to customize as per customers’ individual requirements and fulfil almost every request relevant, to the product.
ELGI Sauer customers benefit from the following advantages
- Latest compressors, control systems, compressed-air treatment systems and accessories
- Optimum customer services starting with the initial enquiry and extending over the product’s life
- 100% compressor check at final pressure including 3.1 inspection certificate
- Long operating life with guaranteed availability of replacement parts (minimum 25 years)
- Turn-key solutions produced consistent with customers’ specifications
- Customer-specific documentation and calculations
- Great reliability, even during intermittent operation
- Individual, customer-oriented service concepts
Part of a country’s electricity supply network, electrical substations are operated by energy supply companies and are used to change the voltage levels. The optimum voltage is selected according to the level of power, which is to be transmitted and the distances over which the electricity must travel. Electrical substations are in use within national and regional transmission networks (usually in the form of open air facilities) as well as district and local distribution networks (usually in the form of indoor facilities). Transformer stations are the final link in the chain that provides the lower voltage required by consumers.
Who are ELGI Sauer Compressors’ customers?
- Energy-supply companies
- Major industrial companies which have their own electrical substations
- Local operators of electrical substations
- Engineering offices
What are ELGI Sauer Compressors used for?
- Extinguishing electrical arcs
- Actuating open power switches
Which ELGI Sauer product ranges are used?
- MISTRAL, PASSAT, HURRICANE, TORNADO
- Variants : Basic, ComSilent
- Volumetric flow : 10 – 300 m3/hr
- Pressure Range : 30 – 100 bar (g)
- Medium : Air