Destroyers and Frigates
Sauer Compressors offers a range of top-quality, highly-reliable naval compressors for use, in warships. They can be used on a variety of vessels including DDGs (guided-missile destroyers) like the Italian Francesco Mimbelli, FFGs (guided-missile frigates) namely, the Norwegian Fritjof Nansen or FFLs (light frigates) such as the German K130 class.
In terms of their basic design, Sauer’s naval compressors are clearly distinct from the company’s industrial solutions. Given that they are used in ships where people face real battle
Endowed with exclusive experience and expertise and catering to a list of illustrious international clients, Sauer Compressors is the world leader in compressors for destroyers and frigates segment, today.
Sauer compressors for destroyers and frigates
- 4-stage, water-cooled, high pressure units (WP5500 and WP5000) with up to 400 bar and 160 m3/h for use in centralised air systems or when starting gas turbines
- 4-stage, air-cooled, high-pressure units (WP4351) with up to 350 bar and 100 m3/h
- Breathing-air compressors (WP4325 – WP4341) with up to 350 bar and 60 m3/h
- Low-pressure compressors such as the WP226L (piston design) or the SC52 (screw design) with up to 12 bar and 250 m3/h
- Reducing stations, shockproof air receivers and air dryers
- Sauer naval compressors comply with all major shock proofing standards. Their low level of structure-borne noise makes them ideal for use on ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) vessels.
- All units can be delivered as complete, ready-to-use systems with the dryer, control panel and other accessories mounted on a common frame. All equipments are fully tested and easy to install.
- Also, Sauer’s naval compressors are designed to offer uncompromising reliability, toughness and minimal operating costs. Exceptionally long MTBM and MTBR intervals play an important part in the cost-effectiveness.
- Sauer is also promoting its Centralised Air System which is an alternative to dedicated point-of-use compressors, for various functions on board such vessels. This offers considerable benefits in terms of reliability, logistics and the maintenance costs, during the system’s operating life.
- In addition to this, complete NATO codification and full logistical back-up ensure high level of support necessary for naval fleets.