MEDIUM AND HIGH-PRESSURE COMPRESSORS are used in a wide variety of metallurgical applications, which encompass the entire range of processes for producing and using metals, metalloids and non metals. Wherever they happen to be used, Sauer compressors accomplish their job reliably and efficiently. Along with this, their particularly long operating lives even under extreme environmental conditions, makes them more or less indispensable within the field of metallurgy. In reality, it would be impossible to use many processes, were it not for Sauer compressors!
ELGI Sauer customers benefit from the following advantages
- The very latest compressors, control systems, compressed-air treatment systems and accessories
- Optimum customer services starting with the initial enquiry and extending over the entire life of the product
- 100% compressor check at final pressure including 3.1 inspection certificate
- Long operating life with guaranteed availability of replacement parts (minimum 25 years)?
- Turn-key solutions produced in accordance with customers’ specifications
- Robust designs to withstand even the most extreme conditions (550C ambient temperature)
- Minimal downtimes ensuring high product availability
- Compressors designed for permanent operation (S1 – 24/7)
Producing and forming steelAlthough the production of steel was for a long time the pillar of heavy industry, it is now in the hands of a few major producers spread throughout the world. Medium and high-pressure compressors for air and gases play an essential role in steelworks. They are used not only to produce the steel itself and alter the carbon content in the blast furnace but also to press the steel into slabs and subsequently treat them. Often, essential components within the overall system, the compressors must be produced to the highest quality standards and made durable enough to withstand the extreme conditions of temperature and dust levels.
Who are ELGI Sauer Compressors’ customers?
- Steelworks operators
- Manufacturers of machinery used on steel production lines
- Manufacturers of steel presses
- Engineering offices
What are ELGI Sauer Compressors used for?
- Descalers – descaling
- Raising pressure for steel presses
- Argon and nitrogen for carbon treatment
Which ELGI Sauer product ranges are used?
- HURRICANE, 5000, 6000
- Variants : Basic, BasBooster, BasSeal, ComSilent, ComBooster, ComSeal
- Volumetric flow : 30 – 2000 m3/hr
- Pressure Range : 16 – 400 bar (g)
- Medium : Air, nitrogen, argon